Sunday, October 10, 2010

..and that makes 4.

The only thing worse than having a miscarriage is starting to have your 4th one while you're at work and still having to smile and pretend like everything is okay. I still have to go to the ultrasound appointment on the 22nd, but I have absolutely no hope at this point...It's kinda sad too that I won't ever know if it was twins or not (we had a feeling it was twins). Thank you so so much for following our first IVF attempt and supporting us by sending good vibes and thoughts our way. But, this makes 4 miscarriages in 18 months so we've decided to take a baby break. We plan to try a FET (Frozen Embryo Transfer) next time which means I won't have to do all the shots again, but that won't be until next summer at the very soonest. 
so...
IVF#1 = success, then m/c @ 4w6d   EDD June 12, 2011

*TMI Warning*

Although I have yet to see the doctor to confirm the miscarriage, I'm 100% sure the baby is gone because of the amount of blood and tissue that I saw. It's never okay to have blood running down your leg at any stage of pregnancy, but the sudden cramping and bright red bleeding really caught me off guard. I guess I was just waiting for a clear sign that this pregnancy was ending.. other than the loss of all pregnancy symptoms and the spotting. I've been through this 3 times before, I know this kind of cramping, and I know what to look for. The worst part is, I'm almost relieved that I got an answer one way or the other... and that makes me feel like a horrible person.
Thanks again for following our little adventure. I was really touched by the number of people who supported us from afar. Don't be sad for us. Of course we are disappointed, but we honestly believe that everything happens just the way it is supposed to and this just wasn't our forever baby. I'll post again after I see the doctor to confirm what went wrong.

3 comments:

  1. I am so so sorry Mindy. You and your husband are in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a brave woman, and for what it's worth, I'm proud of you. Take the time you need to grieve, and feel the way you need to feel. My thoughts go to you and your husband.

    ReplyDelete