Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Baseline Appointment

7:45am is entirely too early to have to go through the whole dildo-cam experience. It was a Physician's Assistant I had never met before too, so on top of being cold, naked from the waste down and nervous about the whole thing,  I was facing a stranger armed with an ultasound wand. But everything went alright, so I guess I can't really complain. My uterine lining was 4mm (as thin as it's supposed to be at this point in the my cycle) and both ovaries were cyst-free with a few little follicle "wanna-bes" that will most likely develop eggs over the next couple weeks.
Here's a picture of my right ovary (although you really can't see anything at this angle).
After the ultrasound, I went to have some blood drawn. The lady was really really nice, but couldn't get into the vein so she was kinda digging around with the needle in my arm. She gave up and then tried to get a vein in my hand, but still no success... but she gave Rye a knarly case of the woozies. His face went completely pale while she was moving the needle around in my hand and he looked like he was going to pass out! But being the trooper he is, he just toughed it out and tried to say he was fine so I wouldn't worry. Next time, maybe he can wait down the hall while I get poked.

Tonight, Rye and I both start our Azithromycin pills (for 3 days), and tomorrow I start the shots. I'm going to record giving myself the first Gonal-F injection and post it. So check back tomorrow night for a fun video documenting what a huge wuss I am :)

and just for fun, here's a video about the actual IVF procedure...


One step closer to mommyhood!

No comments:

Post a Comment