Friday, September 17, 2010

Time to Trigger!

*This is a short update because I just want to go lay in bed and not move around anymore*
I had my last monitoring ultrasound and bloodwork appointment today. I trigger tonight at exactly 11:15pm with my HCG shot which will tell my ovaries to do the final maturing of whatever eggs are inside my 28 grape-size follicles and we go in for the Egg Retrieval surgery on sunday morning at 11:15am! They time the trigger shot and egg retrieval excactly 36 hours apart so that the eggs are ready to ovulate but do not before they can collect them. I'm very excited, but also in a lot of pain. My ovaries hurt like they have never hurt before, and I have definitely never been this sore around ovulation on clomid. When I walk around at work, I can feel my poor swollen grapefruit ovaries bouncing around... needless to say it isn't very pleasant.. but it will definitely be worth it in the end :)

Here's a video my doctor has on their website that explains what I'm doing on sunday...


Next step is the ER (egg retrieval) followed by the ET (embryo transfer) either 3 or 5 days later depending on how well the embryos are growing. So the cool thing is this time next week, I'll be pregnant! (well, there will be embryos inside my uterus, but whether they choose to implant or not isn't under my control but I like to pretend...)

One day closer to being a mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment