Saturday, September 11, 2010

Day 3 of Injections


I just gave myself my third Gonal-F injection. The second injection was just as hard as the first one. It's the funniest thing watching Rye get nervous watching me stick myself...he sits with me for every injection and yesterday he asked "what's the hold up"  as I was about to do it. He tends to get diarrhea of the mouth when he's nervous :)  So far, the only real side effects I've noticed is that I feel a little bloated/belly-heavy and I've been noticing that Rye's been looking especially yummy lately... I think the meds are making me a little friskier than usual (I told you I'd share everything... even the TMI stuff). I've already gained 2 pounds, and the doctor said weight gain is another side effect of the shots. Hopefully this first round of In Vitro will work and I won't be worrying about the weight I gain anyway. Tonight, I used the last of a vial of the Gonal-F, so I had to mix with a new vial to get the right dose. I think I may have bumped the glass with the needle in doing so, because when I went to inject, it would not go in! I even tried to do it in a stabbing motion, and it still wouldn't pop through the skin... it was really strange. I ended up having to transfer the Gonal-F to a new syringe and try it again. It finally worked, but now I have all of these little red marks on my belly where I tried to stick the first one in. Lame.

On Monday, I will go in for another monitoring appoinment, ultrasound, bloodwork, and acupuncture. I'm super excited. The days seem to be flying by as we go through this whole process.

It also occurred to me that in keeping up this blog, anyone who reads this will know about the success or failure of IVF#1  the day I get the call. So just for future reference, if it is a success, given my history of miscarriages, we plan on keeping the pregnancy super quiet (other than this blog) until we hit a point where we feel confident that the pregnancy is healthy and will result in a baby. If it doesn't work, we'll be super open to comments and questions about it. Just FYI...





Anyways, we are one day closer to parenthood!

No comments:

Post a Comment