Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Day 7 Grapefruit Stage

I went in for another monitoring appointment today, but this time my fabulous mother-in-law went with me. I am seriously lucky. Between my husband, my brothers, and my in-laws, I have a hugely supportive and loving family. There's still about 28 follicles developing except now they are in the 14-17mm range (they only have to be 18-20mm for the retrieval... you can see three or four in the ultrasound pic, they look like big black circles).
 So it feels like I have two large grapefruit in my belly just bouncing around. I had a full day at work today, and boy was I hurting. Speaking of side effects... I've been having crazy *inappropriate* dreams probably because I'm feeling like a cat in heat because of the hormones and Rye is gone until friday so I'm pretty much out of luck until my man candy comes home. I started Menopur and Cetrotide tonight too (to prevent me from ovulating early and to make sure the eggs mature in time for the retrieval). So now we're up to 8 pills, and 2 shots every night until the egg retrieval which is looking like it will be either sunday or monday, followed by the embryo transfer late next week! So excited! I was going to post a picture of the centrotide/menopur needle, but I decided not to. It's really big, and I didn't want to look at it any longer than I had to.  This is the best I could do for now...



One day closer to mommyhood!

No comments:

Post a Comment