Friday, September 3, 2010

I got my meds!

So I have a big box of drugs in my living room now. It's like christmas for a crack whore. Seriously...

The Meds:
  • Prenatal Vitamins
  • Folic Acid 4mg daily
  • Baby Aspirin 81mg daily
  • Loestrin (Birth Control Pills)
  • Azithromycin (Antibiotic for both of us)
  • Gonal-F Injections Daily (Follicle Stimulating Hormone)
  • Cetrotide (for Egg Maturing) mixed with Menopur (Follicle stimulating and luteinizing hormone)Injections Daily
  • HCG/Lupron Injection 36 hours before Egg Retrieval
  • Syringes
  • 2 Sharps containers
  • Zofran Capsule at Egg Retrieval
  • Estrace (Estrogen Tablet)
  • Prometrium Tablets (for Uterine Lining)
  • Endometrin Suppositories (also for uterine lining)
  • Doxycycline at Embryo Transfer
  • Prednisone at Embryo Transfer
  • Vicodin as needed for pain
Yep... BIG box of drugs and needles. The wierd thing is, I actually feel better now that I've seen the actual needles I'll be using. We're almost excited to get injecting finally! After three years of waiting, Ryan says it's time to"shit or get off the pot!"  I love his enthusiasm... we'll see how excited he is if the procedure goes too well and we end up with triplets...Lol.

The next step is my baseline appointment on wednesday morning. They're going to do an ultrasound and draw some blood to make sure there's no activity or cysts in my ovaries before I start the injections. So excited!

3 comments:

  1. After having 2 miscarriages, having my son was the most amazing thing in the universe. I think you're super brave to take this on at 25. All the luck in the world! I'll be reading along and rooting for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the support!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!!!!!! I'm speechless at the load of that box.

    ReplyDelete