Monday, September 20, 2010

Embryo Update #1

Quick Update:

Out of the 45 eggs retrieved, only 36 were mature enough to fertilize and of those 36, 29 fertilized...
so 29 embies! That number will slowly go down as the weaker embryos will die off and the unhealthy ones will become apparent to the embryologists who will separate them from the healthy ones. Tomorrow is decision day where we find out when and how many embryos will be transfered.

Also, my doctor's assistant called and told me I am at high risk for OHSS( Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome) so they are concerned and she gave me another prescription for something to take orally that is supposed to prevent it, and also told me I'd have to do 4 more days of Cetrotide Injections just in case. So that's kind of lame, but overall everything is going better than expected. I'm feeling a lot better and I plan on going in to work for a little while today. After work, I'm headed down to San Diego for my acupuncture appointment and we'll see if that helps the bloating and the pain (I only had to take one vicodin right after I got home yesterday, but since then the pain has been generally bearable).

Thanks for reading! Ryan and I really appreciate all the well wishes and support :)

This is not one of our embryos, but this is how they look right now... two pro-nuclei indicating successful fertilization!

No comments:

Post a Comment