Thursday, September 9, 2010

I DID IT!! (the first injection)

HOLY CRAP! I just stuck myself with a needle! That was by far the strangest thing I have ever done to myself...well the strangest thing I've done to myself involving a needle... if you don't count tattoos. All day today I was working up the courage to do it. I was counting down the hours and minutes starting at "14hours 30minutes" when I woke up this morning. Thank goodness Ryan was home in time to be there for moral support! I set up on the dining room table next to my big box-o-drugs and set everything out. I was totally cool getting everything ready, but by the time I mixed the Gonal-F and loaded up the injection needle, I was sweatin like a whore in church. My hands were shaking pretty bad too which definitely didn't help my confidence in being able to stick myself without a horrible mess up. I kept having this image of the needle breaking off under my skin or an air bubble getting into my blood stream or some catastrophic and fatal mistake like that. But, I finally did it, and was pleasantly surprised to find that I didn't even feel the needle go in! The only discomfort was a little bit of burning as I pushed the medicine in (I'm pretty sure I pushed it in way too fast), but other than that it was completely pain free :) So all my worrying and stalling were for nothing.

and lucky for you, Ryan caught it all on video...



My next monitoring appointment is on monday. I'll find out if the shots are working and they may or may not change my dose of Gonal-F. I also made an appointment with the fertility acupuncturist that works with my doctor. I'm going in after my monitoring appointment for a 2 hour session of needle pokes and massage to balance my Chi. I'm kind of a hippy-dippy type of person so I'm excited to try acupuncture, and the fact that Dr. Kettel's staff highly recomends this practice makes me feel more at ease with the idea of letting someone turn me into a human pin-cushion. I'm hoping the lady is nice enough to let me take some pictures while she works or even a video... we'll see. 

According to morphthing.com, this is what our kids would look like... so I guess this is why I'm doing all of this:
One shot closer to mommyhood!

1 comment: